Thursday, 29 November 2012

Mini matchboxes for Christmas with jelly beans



Every year I get involved with a school Christmas Fair and make Christmas matchboxes to sell to the children. Although these are time consuming, I love doing it and look forward to putting all the bits together. I simply cover matchboxes with pretty wrapping paper using glue - wrap the paper right round and then trim when dry. I also cut small rectangles out to glue on the bottom of the mini drawers before deciding what will fit in. Last year was mini chocolates so this year it's jelly beans! I've decorated an old wooden box with vintage wallpaper to display them in. They sell for £1 each. Larger match boxes are fun to decorate
too as you can add lots of goodies inside.











7 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

They are great Jane, where do you get all those matchboxes from, somehow I can't see you as a chain smoker! :)

Jane Foster Blog said...

Yes, I do feel a bit silly asking for 50 match boxes in the newsagents instead of a lighter!

sittinginthekitchensink said...

Such a good idea! They look so cute!

Alicia Langford said...

So cute! No wonder the kids love them! :)

AliceAndFlorence said...

What a 'sweet' idea! They look just right for little people, and I bet they get used for storing secret treasures after the jelly beans are gone.
Wendy

Kaylovesvintage said...

what a cute idea
sure kids love them

Sarah Moolla said...

i look at these and i think 'what a brilliantly beautiful and simple idea' and then i think, i know, i'll do this at my boys' xmas fair'! and then i remember i have no talent and they'll look totally rubbish because i'm not jane foster. pfft....