Tuesday, 4 September 2012

A morning of sewing and Mollie Makes on the deck

I love the kind of weather we've had this morning - not too hot - just right. I can count on one hand the times I've sat on our deck reading and sewing this summer and today was one of them. I good chance to catch up with my favourite magazine Mollie Makes and finish stuffing a few last orders.





We've made our deck like a seaside garden and we imagine the beach is just through our back gate! The grasses we've chosen look great all the year round, don't die and don't get eaten by anything! (Idiot proof 
and very low maintenance - ideal for a family who doesn't have time to garden!)
Here's a close up of the vintage 70s cushion Alice Apple swapped with me last year.




10 comments:

Lazy Daisy Jones said...

Hi! I love your bench cushion or is it one of your delicious quilts?
best wishes Daisy.

Jane Foster Blog said...

Hi,
It's one of my quilts! Thank you!

Nelly said...

What a lovely outside space you have, it's bright and beachy..Love it!

night owl said...

OMG! The pillow on the chair next to you!!! May we have a close up? Did you design or is it vintage? I love it!- Jules

Jane Foster Blog said...

The pillow is vintage - will add another snap shot for you!

Helmi said...

Like your garden!

Woo Gilchrist said...

Looking fab!

Zepequeña said...

Lovely colors!

zepequeña.

Jane Foster Blog said...

Thank you!

NormanFor8 said...

You are one stylish dentist with great taste in style!keep up the good work! i also have a good friend which is a chandler arizona dentist who is into painting and i see her in you. thanks for the post!