Sunday, 27 November 2011

Sainsbury's Design Studio 1962-1977

If I could tell you the best two books I've purchased this year, Print & Pattern 2 would be one and this book would definitely be the other. I'm so into the 60s graphics in this book - the simplicity of the packaging designs seem so incredibly naive to me but at the same time, so stylish, non fussy and contemporary. I love 90% of what's in this book and shall enjoy it for years. Simple design really excites me. Do any of you out there have similar taste to me?


















9 comments:

Happy in red said...

Oh yes!! Simplicity is the best! In The Netherlands we have a store called Hema and all their designs are just so simple and fun. Like their textiles: http://www.hema.nl/winkel/koken-en-tafelen/thee-en-keukendoeken/theedoek-met-print-%285406856%29
Great isn't it?
Esther.

KLT said...

Yep, you bet! I'm going to go look up that book...

LadyP said...

I love the tinned fish and bath salts designs! Simple, striking and bright :-)

Flora said...

Yes! Absolutely. I totally share your enthusiasm about that book.

Are you on Pinterest? I've got a couple of boards you might like: Graphix

...and this one Retro Kids

Couldn't resist adding some of those Sainsbo's images too :)

pilgrim said...

yep! definitely share your taste for simple design.. even if my own strays from the 'simple' sometimes haha

i've been lusting after this book for a while now.. my budget is hoping father christmas gets that hint.

Vesle Serena said...

YES YES YES!! Wonderful book!!

Helmi said...

Great book!

littletree... said...

This is pure genius, love the simplistic design, alothough im always addicted to pretty packaging in supermarkets! Oh dear another book to add to the wishlist...x

bowie style said...

thanks for the kind words about print & pattern 2 jane - but woo your sainsbury's book had me drooling over the beautiful flat graphics.