Tuesday, 13 April 2010

60s music book illustrations







Although these books are a bit before my time, (but sadly not a lot!) I love the illustrations in them. They're old Time and Tune books from the 60s. I remember some very similar when I was in the juniors. I used to be a music teacher before getting into art and fabric. It was these type of books that probably first inspired me to become a music teacher - I had a fabulous teacher who sang and played the guitar to us - mostly Bob Dylan and Joan Baez! When I came across these by chance, I had to buy them! They've brought back such fond memories.

3 comments:

shelf appeal said...

This is lovely indeed. Does it say anywhere who did the illustations?

Kickcan and Conkers said...

Oh I have something similar Jane, I'll see if I can find them.

Happydacks said...

I am loving all your posts with vintage books, going to find mine to share too.